Motion & Grain Effect tutorial
Two people requested me to make a tutorial on how I made my sidebar so here it is.
1) Start by getting your picture, I prefer to choose pictures that looks kind of dramatic (if you get the idea) maybe because I’m a dramatic bitch but you can choose any picture you like & Crop it then let’s move on to the coloring.
2) To adjust the lighting and contrast I usually duplicate the picture and just set the layer to screen & then lower the opacity & then duplicate again and set it to soft light and then lower the opacity but also you can do it by using the adjustments layers and you will get kind of the same effect.
3) I first created a Brightness/contrast layer here are the settings:
and then some curves
4) Then I added this texture, credit goes to the maker
with the blending mode set to screen & duplicate it.
5) Now add the Gradient map, to make it B&W or if you wanted color it, whatever, that’s up to you.
6) Now I used this texture, credit to the owner.
Set to soft light with the fill at 50%
7) Then this one, credit to sweettasteofbitter set to soft light
8) Now the motion blur, duplicate your picture and go to filter>blur>motion blur and set your settings like this:
& then lower the opacity of that layer to 50%.
9) to apply kind of an special effect, I added a light leak texture, made by me (chaoticroad)
with the blending mode set to screen or you can also set it to linear dodge (add).
10) Add your sharpen & you are DONE, here are some other examples: