I’ve been asked multiple times how I make banners and I’ve finally decided to make a tutorial, It’s really easy and fun to do.
For this tutorial you will need some basic knowledge of photoshop, like blending and removing BGs.
0) Get your pictures/screencaps.
1) Create a new file with the measurements of the banner. I will make mine 750x200 px
2) Remove the BGs of your pictures, if needed.
3) Add a color of your choice to the banner file. I used white & started dragging your pictures and organizing them. To adjust the size just click CRTL+T.
The B&W picture, I changed the blending mode to multiply and lowered the opacity to 80%.
4) Now it’s time to get some PNGs and for that, there’s no better place than DeviantArt, just write on the “search art bar” what your looking for and the word PNG, by example: Flowers PNG, Frames PNG, Vintage PNG, Polaroid PNG.
Here's a list with my favorites & the ones I always use.
this were the ones I used, credit goes to the respective owners:
For the Polaroid just put the picture on top and change the blending mode to light and then with the eraser,remove the parts that cover the frame.
5) Now add a psd, I used this one.
6) Then some text.
Font: True Lies
And Tada,Here’s my banner:
(Click to view full size)
You can also add some textures on top and what can I say, experiment and be creative & hope you find this helpful (: